The world isn't standing still, and neither is United Water Restoration Group of South Florida. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands, and taking bold steps to serve customers' evolving needs better. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in the restoration industry, you'll have a hand in transforming not only United but a dynamic industry. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo, and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity, and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change, and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in our customers and communities' service.
A shared purpose drives everything we do at United: to protect property owners from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For over ten years, United has thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what challenges they face. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims, and, more recently, proprietary software.
Provides paralegal support for FNOL department and assist VP of operations. Litigation Services attorneys. Under the VP of operations supervision, facilitates the discovery process, including obtaining records, reviewing documents, interviewing clients, preparing trial materials, and summarizing and analyzing research Identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues.
• Review new file assignments
• Prepare brief to assist client in presenting a case to outside counsel
• Draft responses to discovery demands
• Review and serve responses to discovery demands
• Assist attorney in preparing materials for trial, arbitration or mediation
• Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update VP of operations, as appropriate
• Review new and proposed legislation and determine the applicability
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field; American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
• Insurance-industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
• Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
• Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long-distance environments
• Basic budget management skills and ability to reconcile expense reports
• Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
• Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
• Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
• High degree of ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication, and practical customer service skills
• Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
• Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
• Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Is a proactive self-starter who can manage his/her time effectively and work independently
• Local candidates only
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, including a drug screen.
As a company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like medical and dental insurance, as well as a 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy after one year of service.