United Water Restoration Group is Florida’s largest privately owned 24/7 Emergency Water, Fire and Mold Restoration Company. We’re looking for a seasoned Operations Manager looking to take the next step in their career. Take ownership of your building and play a vial role in not only the operational duties, but also the sales & marketing, profit and loss, and training. This position comes with a starting salary of $95,000 (plus benefits) as well as a bonus structure based on performance.
The General Manager plans, directs and coordinates the work and staff for the branch. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules, organizes, assigns, directs, and controls all activities, either directly or through assigned personnel.
- Sets and monitors goals for the overall team and tracks the financial performance of each project monitoring key metrics such as costs versus estimate, schedule versus plan, resource allocation and resource productivity, billing and collections, cash flow, and profitability.
- Analyzes financial, contract management, and other documents and reports to anticipate potential issues and problems and proactively develop solutions to address the same. Ensures the company’s legal obligations are met.
- Forecasts monthly revenue and compares to the company’s operating budget and makes adjustments as necessary to achieve or exceed revenue and margin goals.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with other departments, particularly Sales, in the proposal of projects to customers to ensure a smooth transition.
- Responsible for increasing customer satisfaction levels and customer retention.
- Manages and provides documentation, including correspondence, requests for information, and timeliness by adhering to company standards.
- Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors, subcontractors, and trade personnel. Attends scheduled customer or job progress meetings as needed.
- Develops and coaches assigned team through development planning and goal setting.
- Ensures all team members are appropriately trained and certified as needed.
- Adheres to safety standards and all local and national codes.
This position supervises Operations Manager, Restoration Supervisors, and Technicians.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Customer focus, business acumen, decision-making, results-driven negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong MS Office Suite product knowledge is required; strong Excel is a must.
- An outgoing, driven, tenacious, team-oriented attitude is a must!
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field (preferred)
- 3-5 years of residential/commercial restoration experience. (Required)
- 3+ years of management experience (Required)
- IICRC certification (preferred)
- Must be able to travel in response to both emergency and non-emergency losses across North Central Florida if needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal and external contacts throughout the project management process.
TRAVEL: Occasional travel is primarily local to branches in the assigned area during the business day. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for training or meetings.
COMPENSATION: $95,000 + Benefits
United Water Restoration Group offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, company vehicle, gas card, expense account, laptop, smartphone, and apparel.