Applicants must have prior water damage restoration experience working for a property damage restoration company.
This Water Mitigation Technician/Supervisor will respond to emergency service calls related to property damage caused by an unforeseen event, as well as routine service calls. The position requires engaging in activities necessary to restore or repair commercial and residential properties damaged by fire, smoke, water, mold, bio-hazard and other factors. Responds to job sites as directed, and performs all tasks in accordance with company and industry certified standards. Prior water damage restoration experience is required!
- The Mitigation Technician/Supervisor is responsible for assisting staff with fire, smoke, water and mold situations.
- Assist their immediate supervisor in coordinating all facets of the restoration including:
- Water Damage Mitigation / Fire Damage Restoration
- Set, monitor, and move equipment needed for water extraction and drying of premises, including reading and recording of data.
- Demolition of property and debris removal.
- Content Inventory.
- Move, pack, store, catalog, and keep track of customer contents, including household furnishings and other goods.
- Sewage Cleanup as necessary.
- Structural and Content Cleaning
- Project Documentation and Record Keeping
- Clean warehouse as directed by field supervisor, including all equipment.
Other duties include:
- Maintain a neat and orderly work-site and obey all safety rules and regulations in order to prevent work hazards.
- Maintain company vehicle in a clean and organized fashion; ensuring it is stocked with the equipment and supplies necessary to perform all work required at designated job sites.
- Assist other departments and technicians as needed and be flexible.
- Work overtime as necessary to respond to emergency services occurring after normal business hours.
- The individual will work with their assigned Supervisor to help achieve daily work orders. Must communicate clearly and succinctly with clients, managers, team members, and other parties. The tech will participate in the “on-call” rotation for emergency after-hour calls with their assigned field supervisor, which may include weekends.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior water mitigation/restoration experience required.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction)
- Basic computer skills
- Proven ability to assist with multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools; (screwdriver, wrench, crowbar, power tools, etc.)
- Ability to learn, take direction, and be very adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without accommodation, and 200 pounds team lift
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance & crouch
- May be subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass background, drug screening and possess clean driving record.
Company website: www.Unitedwaterrestoration.com
Note: Full medical insurance benefits after 60 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $30.00 /hour
Water Damage Restoration: 1+ years (Required)
Driver's license (Required)
IICRC certifications (Preferred)